“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave” ~Calvin Coolidge
Memorial Day is filled with sunshine, warm weather, backyard BBQ, and swimming pools. It is a time where families & friends gather to Honor those who have served our country and sacrificed their lives for our Freedom. This is the time to commemorate those who gave their lives in service to our country.
How will you be spending Memorial Day? We have some tasty ideas for you to share with your guests.
Here’s a delightfully refreshing dessert that all of your guests will love to try at your Memorial Day BBQ.
Patriotic Trifle Dessert
- 1 package 3 ounces berry blue gelatin
- 1 package 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages 3.4 ounces each instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries quartered
- 1 prepared angel food cake 8 to 10 ounces, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In two small bowls, combine each gelatin flavor with 1 cup boiling water. Stir 1/2 cup cold water into each. Pour each into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries for garnish. Cut the gelatin into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or serving dish, layer the strawberry gelatin, half of the cake cubes, the remaining blueberries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Top with blue gelatin and remaining cake cubes, strawberries and pudding mixture. Garnish with reserved berries and remaining whipped topping. Serve
Memorial Day BBQs are a sizzling way to launch the beginning of Summer. Everyone loves the outdoor fun, tasty food & festivities of this holiday.
We at Event Decor Direct want to wish everyone a Happy, Fun-filled & Safe Memorial Day weekend!
Please visit our website for our Amazing Memorial Day Sale! www.eventdecordirect.com
“Honor is simply the morality of superior men” ~
Henry Louis Mencken